Call Our Miami Office For A Consultation: 305-742-0063
Call Our Miami Office For A Consultation: 305-742-0063
Skilled. Experienced.Successful.
Photo of Norma Iglesias Pacheco and Chastity Perez
  1. Home
  2.  » Post-Judgment Modification & Enforcement

Modifying And Enforcing Existing Family Law Court Orders And Agreements

Post-Judgment Modifications In Florida

Parties must sign an agreement before they can finalize their divorce or paternity matter.

However, such decrees are never set in stone; parties may be able to adjust or alter these agreements after their case is finalized under certain circumstances, such as:

  • A significant change in material circumstances, like relocation
  • A change in financial circumstances, like a job loss or employment status

If you wish to seek a modification to an existing family law agreement, you must petition the court. However, seeking the guidance of a family law attorney is advised, particularly with children’s issues.

Guidance From Trusted, Reputable Family Law Attorneys

At Pacheco Perez P.A., we can help. We have assisted individuals in Miami and throughout South Florida with court ordered modifications of all types. From parenting plans to alimony to child support agreements, we have helped many individuals in similar circumstances.

Enforcing Court Orders

An ex-spouse can also seek to enforce an existing agreement or court order if the other party fails to abide by its terms.

If the paying spouse or parent either falls behind on court-ordered payments or refuses to pay them, you can seek involvement from the court. A family law judge has discretion in how to proceed with enforcement action. Incarceration, fines and loss of parenting time are not uncommon actions courts can and do take, under the appropriate circumstances.

Call Or Email Today

If you wish to modify an existing court order or want to learn more about your options if your ex-spouse is failing to abide by his or her obligations, reach out to one of our lawyers for guidance.

305-742-0063 | email | Se habla español.