Call Our Miami Office For A Consultation: 305-742-0063
Call Our Miami Office For A Consultation: 305-742-0063
Skilled. Experienced.Successful.
Photo of Norma Iglesias Pacheco and Chastity Perez
  1. Home
  2.  » Parental Relocation

Understanding The Law In Florida On Custody Agreements And Parental Relocation

If a parent wishes to relocate with his or her minor child to a new residence 50 miles or more away from the current residence, the relocating parent must enter into a written agreement with the other parent, or obtain the court’s permission.

Whether you are the parent seeking to relocate or the parent concerned about how the other parent’s new residence will affect your child, turning to a legal team for counsel and guidance on the law and how it will apply in your situation is advised.

Reaching Out To An Experienced South Florida Family Law Team

At Pacheco Perez P.A., our Miami attorneys understand that this is a difficult situation for both you and your child. Rest assured-we have helped many individuals in similar situations.

Under Florida law, there are many factors to consider, but the main one is that the relocation of any parent must be in the best interests of the child. As experienced litigators, we are prepared to fight to protect both your interests. We always aim to resolve matters out of court, as it is often less stressful and more cost-effective. However, there may be situations where such issues must be resolved in court.

No matter what your relocation issues may be, we will work diligently to develop a personalized, yet realistic, solution, so you can move forward.

Contact Us Today. Free Consultations.

Turn to a trusted team of lawyers who can offer the sound legal advice you need. Call or send us an email today.

305-742-0063 | EmailSe Habla Español